How do I remove a job or school experience from my LinkedIn Profile?
As The LinkedIn Diva, I get a lot of “How-to” questions about LinkedIn. This is one that comes pretty often.
Even though the LinkedIn user interface has gone through some major changes over the last couple of years, causing us to have to completely overhaul our book, Rock The World with your Online Presence, there are many things that remain constant. One of them is the method of removing a position or listing from your LinkedIn profile. Here are the steps:
1. From the LinkedIn black navigation bar at the top of your screen, click “Profile/Edit Profile”
2. Scroll to the position, education, volunteer experience, or other listing on LinkedIn that you want to delete.
3. Click the little pencil or “Edit” in blue
4. Scroll to the bottom of the listing description and click “Remove this…”
5. It will ask you to confirm. Say yes!
And you’re all done! How easy was that?
Now, if you’d like more help with quick lessons on LinkedIn, visit our free training portal filled with many of the resources we have created over the years, including quick 5-8 minute targeted video lessons, pdf handouts and guides, and full length webinars at RockLinkedIn.com. You’ll find more free resources with one simple log-in than many people charge you $97 for! What are you waiting for? Come on in!